Thank you so much for inviting me
Lis (but fell free to give her one)
• Magus Tattoo Location :
Middle of the forehead
• Your Real Life Job:
Helper in an antique books store
Books: The books don’t have any kind of magic attributes; they just have a lot of pages.
- Paper manipulation: Basically ability to bend paper material to her will, she can make weapons such as a bows, familiars or animated paper objects so on. The only limit to the effects she can create is her own imagination. Also, the things she can create depend of the number of paper she has.
- Hardening: She can make paper harder and more resistant in order to use it as a shield, however she can’t bend them too well when they are under the effect of hardening.
- Fire and water are her great weakness. Once the paper gets wet, it will be too fragile making it almost impossible to control. Concerning the fire, even if she can control it, it will eventually consume the paper.
She could tell that her mother did her best trying to love her….but fear was always presented in her mother´s eyes. Her mother’s smile was always nervous and sometimes she would act all jumpy when her name was called. When Lisbeth was just a child she could not understand why her mother didn’t allow her to leave the house, she could not comprehend why from time to time her mother would check her forehead to see if her ‘birthmark’ was still there.
“Don’t worry, lil baby, mommy will protect you….” Her mother would say with a trembling voice, hugging her so hard that it almost hurt.
The lonely girl would spend a great part of her day alone, reading books. Lisbeth soon grew fond of books, it was her way to escape from reality and live in a fantasy word. One day she discovered she could control paper, turning the pages of the book without even touching it. Full of joy with her new discovery, she ran to show her mother what she was able to do….only to hear her mother scream and slap her face very hard…Since that day her mother was never the same again. She would not touch Lisbeth, nor speak to her and many time she would cry herself to sleep while curse giving birth to a ‘witch’.
At age of 15, Lisbeth ran away from home, with only some books and clothes. She knew that her mother would never be good again if she was around. Before leaving the house, Lisbeth looked one last time to her mother, whispering in an inaudible voice.
“Don’t worry, mommy, this time I will protect you.”
But she was too naïve when leaving home, soon she started to starve. When the people saw the tattoo on her forehead, they had pretty much the same reaction as her mother and even tried to hurt her. Hungry, tired and scared, she walked adrift in the streets….before meeting someone, a man with white hair and reddish eyes. He reached his hand to her and said:
“Don’t be sad….you belong to us….”
She felt so much comfort from those words, she reached her hand to him without thinking.
And so began her new life.
Temperamental - Say the wrong thing, even if you didn’t mean it, and you will meet a very angry Lisbeth. However her wrath can be easily extinguished by an apology.
Sharp tongue - Although she prefer to refer as this as ‘giving some harsh love’, Lisbeth doesn’t hold back to say what is on her mind. Due to the lack of interaction with other people in her childhood she is extremely bad at sugar coating her words.
A bit vain - When she was a child she thought her mother didn’t allow her to leave home because she was ugly. So she always did her best to dress nicely and brush her hair every day. Now she knows it was not because of this, but even so she liked to take care of her appearance, presuming people will like her more if she looks pretty.
Reckless – Most of the time she acts without thinking on the consequences. You can say she acts like this due to the lack of knowledge of how the world can be a dangerous place.
Benevolent – She may sometimes say rude things but is not like she means it. Lisbeth believe that giving is better than receiving and she finds comfort in seeing other people smiles.
[additional info you may add]
- Her powers are inspired in the anime “Read or Die”
- She can resist fluffy things, having an urge to squeeze it.
- Has a very sensible neck, so most of the time she has something covering it.
- Is a big fan of origami, when she is not reading she will be doing origamis.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.